pillory

Town Hall

Town Hall

With acknowledgement to L A Vidler, G S Bagley, G Mayhew and Jo Kirkham A Handsome Georgian Building of Rye The Town Hall is on the site of at least three earlier Court Halls. The first was burnt to the ground during the French attack of 1377. Its replacement was rebuilt between 1514 and early … read more …

First posted in Rye Buildings and Defences on 16th November 2009
Last updated: 28th November 2012
Tags: , , ,