Tea With the Mayor of Lewes

Tea With the Mayor of Lewes

On April 3rd, a dozen Members of the Museum met in Lewes to see round the Town Hall and learn its story. In 1554, just after the Dissolution, this freehold began as the site of the Star Inn. We were taken through the Medieval cellars — part of which contained a very unexpected, but amazing, Military Collection — to the huge meeting rooms and the Town’s wonderful collection of silver and memorabilia in the Mayor’s Parlour, before being thoroughly entertained to ‘tea and tales’ by Dr Mayhew. He is the author of ‘Tudor Rye’ and has given talks at the Museum many times.

First posted in Featured, News on 18th April 2017
Last updated: 18th April 2017